Tuesday, October 13, 2009

cloudy

With a Chance of Meatballs... is a fun movie with spectacularly, if not a bit creepy at times, animated characters and food. Sometimes, there are even characters animated as food! I'm not sure if you remember, but the children's story was a little thin on plot. Here they've beefed it up a bit, no pun intended. I was a little disappointed, though, that there were no mashed potato mountain with a pat of butter on it. I give it 3.5/5 stars.

District 9 is a great movie, that I wasn't too excited to see, but turned out to be rather enjoyable. It's shot documentary-style and has pretty decent CGI for the "prawn"-like aliens - it ends up looking rather real. There is subtle commentary on race and society which can spur some interesting conversations. 4.5/5 stars.

Extract was a slightly disappointing Mike Judge movie. I'm willing to give this one another shot when it's played repeatedly on Comedy Central. Although, I'm not sure it will become the classic that Office Space has become. 3/5 stars.

Let me also take this time to mention that on Tuesdays in Chicago, you can go to the movies for $6, and you get free popcorn. There's also Kettle Corn salt or cheese to sprinkle on! Parking not included.

No comments:

Post a Comment